Monday, February 19, 2007

The Art of Manifesting Abundance in Business

Discover the Art and Science of Building a Home Business with Karen Weir

I had the opportunity today to watch The Secret again. I've watched it a few times, and each time it speaks to me in a new way. Today was more of a deeper realization of the original impact, if that makes any sense. I realized that I have fallen back to some old patterns, to some old ways of thinking and my business was not growing as rapidly as a result. We all get into ruts, and The Secret to manifesting Abundance in Business, is to recognize when we are getting into one and IMMEDIATELY change the thought pattern. What I do, is say "STOP!" out loud, to abruptly STOP the destructive or negative thought. I then will state something that I am grateful for. Those statements generate feelings of gratitude which manifests more to be grateful for. I believe this with all my being because I have seen it work in my life.

The MasterKey System and Mentors in Motion training gives us real life application for applying The Secret, and discovering those programs along with my current Amigo Team are among the things that I am most grateful for in my business today. I feel such warmth and gratitude when I think of Jim Gras, the first mentor who saw my potential and showed it to me. What is key here, is that he showed it to me. When I think of what Jim has done for me, it really isn't about teaching me how to market online. Sure he's showed me a few tricks, but in all honesty, what he really did was believe in me. His belief in me made me believe, and as a result I have manifested results. That belief is a far greater gift than all the marketing tips I have learned. I am a different person today because of attracting these incredible people into my life. One of the most important things you can do to manifest abundance in your business is to have a sense of gratitude. I am grateful for my friends and associates on my Amigo Juice Team.

The Power of Gratitude

Gratitude is a very powerful emotion because when we "feel" grateful, we cannot help but feel good. As a child, my parents and grandparents, like most, used guilt and fear as primary methods of discipline. While their intention was good (we all know what the road to hell was paved in right?), it was destructive and led to some residual negative feelings. For example, I was a very picky eater (still am). If I had a dollar for every time I heard about starving children in 3rd world countries, I could feed every one of them!

The intent was to teach me gratitude, and that gratitidue was supposed to make me eat my cabbage. It truly didn't make the cabbage any more attractive to me, but it did make me feel sadness for the starving children who WOULD be grateful for something that I was not only not grateful for, but resentful of! It made me feel like a horrible human being. Sometimes I would gag the food down, but certainly not happily.

Guilt and gratitude do not belong in the same sentence. You cannot teach gratitude. As parents and grand parents we can help our children to recognize and express their gratitude. I think it borders on abusive to burden children with such problems as world hunger. Children should not be taught to be grateful for things they have BECAUSE others do not. True gratitude brings about feelings of joy, not guilt. When we are truly grateful, we feel blissful and blessed. It is difficult to feel blessed for a having a plate full of food with an image of a starving child in our head!

If you are struggling in your business or in your personal life, I urge you to STOP whatever you are thinking. STOP and think about something you have for which you are grateful. It be something very small. In fact, it is the small things, and an appreciation of those small things that accumulate into a life time of memories and joy.

No comments: